This video explains and showcases the activities of the Canadian Education Foundation.
The Canadian Education Foundation logo bears the image of a beargrass plant. The Beargrass is the official title of the Canadian High School yearbook which is published annually. The original image for the logo was scanned from a 1918 Beargrass annual archived in the high school library. The dedication in the 1918 annual reflects the visions of the Canadian Education Foundation.
"Our greatest hope is that Canadian High School will make this publication an institution. If we had the assurances that the Senior classes following us would carry on the work of the BEARGRASS, then we would feel nobly rewarded in our work." (1918)
It is from the foundations of these early citizens and the roots they nobly planted nearly a century ago, that the Canadian Education finds its vision. The Foundation reflects on the past as we peer into the future. It is for these causes that we dedicate our work and acknowledge that truly "Our Roots Run Deep".
The Canadian Education Foundation
• Is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax-exempt philanthropic charitable organization
• Cultivates and support innovation to benefit students and staff and enhance the mission of the school district
• Supports activities not funded by tax revenue
• Solicits funding from private and corporate sources
• Awards funding through a process developed and overseen by volunteer committee, representing business, community and educational leaders
The Canadian Education Foundation will partner with the community to provide resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning, and maximize innovative opportunities for all students in the Canadian Independent School District. The Canadian Education Foundation was founded by a group of caring and committed citizens with a vision to enhance educational opportunities and student success in Canadian Independent School District. The foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt philanthropic organization. A volunteer board of directors composed of business, community and educational leaders, governs the foundation.
• Enhance and enrich educational opportunities for students
• Support staff for innovative efforts and recognize staff for exemplary teaching
• Involve the community by assuring a quality education for the leaders and workers of tomorrow
AIMS (Aptitude Inventory Measurement Service) testing assistance. Provided to students in the 11th grade.
Innovative Teaching Grants. Awarded to CISD educators in all subjects (Literacy, Science, Social Studies, Nutrition, Physical Education, Robotics, Technology and STEAM).
Provide scholarships for graduating Seniors of Canadian ISD.
Workforce Ready College and Career Preparatory Program for Canadian High School students.
Window On a Wider World is dedicated to enriching the education of Texas Panhandle students through arts, science and cultural experiences for K-5 students.
Reimbursing Canadian High School Seniors for a successful completion of one dual credit course during the school year.
1. CEF Academic Excellence Scholarship – $27,000.00
2. Eddie Meek –Forever Black Always Gold - $15,500.00
3. Kirk Morrow Scholarship $ 29,875.00
4. Kim Parnell Scholarship $18,500.00
5. No Worries Scholarship $8000.00
6. No Worries Camp Scholarship $ 5,795.00
7. Ex-Student Scholarship $11,500.00
8. Teacher Grants $53,396.10
9. AIMS Testing Scholarships -$80,187.50
10. Dual Credit - $15,600.00
11. Window On A Wider World -$17,880.00
12. Back Packs for Baker Elementary kids - $1329.00
13. “Willie Wildcat” Shirts for Elementary students and teachers - $5290.00
14. Back to School Gifts for new teachers –$ 4400.00
15. Homecoming Tailgate -$21,439.66
16. “Pam Spencer” Passion Award - $2,000.00
17. Funds Endowed to “Opportunity Funds” - $51,705.00 (Not an Expense)
In Memory of:
In Honor of:
2019 Donations - Friends and Supporters of the Canadian Education Foundation
William & Newlyn Nix, Don & Teresa Johnson, Dr & Theresa Abraham, Dr, and Wendi Cook, David & Ann Wilson, Jim & Lauren Haley, HG & Reagan Adams, Marie Maupin, Pat Popham, Mike & Mary Jo Leonard, Becky Reid, Perdue, Brandon, Fielder, Collins & Mott LLP, Bucks Sporting Goods, Blue Star Bus Sales, Achieve Financial Group LLC, Superior Shooting, Alexanders Grocery & Deli, Kris & Brooke Richardson, Al’Louise Ramp, Bryce & Haley Ward.